Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Senior attending an Oakland public high school
- Academic preparation to succeed in college.
- Resiliency: able to overcome obstacles to achieve academic and personal goals
- Life skills: responsible, resourceful and involved with others (work, school, family, community)
- Documented financial need
- Must have applied to at least two 4-year colleges – we encourage applications to a range of 4-year colleges including private schools, UC’s and CSU’s
- Will be attending a four-year accredited college or university in the fall.
- Cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA to maximum 3.7 GPA. Note: Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis
- This application is also open to DREAMERS
The application consists of:
- Complete and submitted on-line application which includes:
- a personal essay
- contact information for high school counselor–they will be contacted to upload or send high school academic transcript with cumulative GPA for freshman through first semester senior years
- contact information for one teacher and one Other Adult–they will be contacted to submit on line recommendation
- basic financial information