Please note: Due to Stanford's academic calendar, our On-Campus Interviews are scheduled for Saturday, May 2, 2015. This is an SAT test date. For those candidates who are selected for in-person interviews, they must attend On-Campus Interviews in order to be considered for the program. It is recommended that serious applicants do not schedule any standardized testing on this date.
New in 2015: The entire SMYSP application is now online! There are two parts to our online application that must be completed (a Stanford Pre-Collegiate Institutes Preliminary Application and an ApplyWeb Online Application.) A complete application will also include an unofficial transcript (uploaded by the student) and two letters of recommendation (which are uploaded by the recommender).
The 2015 Summer Residential Program will operate from - . All participants must be available to attend the entire program.
Information, eligibility requirements, and a link to the application can be found here:smysp.stanford.edu/education/
Applicants must be:
- a current sophomore or junior in high school;
- from a low-income background, and will likely be the first in their family to attend college;
- interested in science, medicine, and health;
- taking, or have taken, science and math classes, with at least some B's in these class;
- living and attending high school in one of the following California counties (only): Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Madera, Marin, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, and Yolo.
Deadline for receipt of applications is February 15, 2015.