The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation's best four-year colleges and universities. Selected from a nationwide pool of applicants, up to 40 students will become Jack Kent Cooke Scholars and have access to funding for up to four years for undergraduate studies.
Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
This highly competitive scholarship includes:
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school
- Ability to pursue any area of study
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the college student experience
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholars are selected based on exceptional academic ability and achievement, financial need, persistence, a desire to help others, and leadership..
A rigorous application review includes analysis of grades, standardized test scores, participation in available advanced courses, student essays, letters of recommendation, and family finances. Each year 30-40 students will be selected into the program.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
At a minimum, applicants must:
- Plan to graduate from a US high school in spring 2015
- Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2015
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above
- Receive standardized test scores in the top 15%: SAT combined critical reading and math score of 1200 or above and/or ACT composite score of 26 or above
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant
Download College Scholarship Program Fact Sheet.
Download College Scholarship Program Flyer.
Download 2014 College Scholarship Program Profile.
Deadline: November 4, 2014
To APPLY and learn more please visit: http://www.jkcf.org/scholarship-programs/college-scholarship/how-to-apply/