Although this scholarship is no longer open...it is a great one to keep in mind for next year.
Award: $1,000-$5,000 per family (2 awards given per family)
- All applicants for scholarships must be age 18 or older.
- Both applicants are members of the same family.
- Applicants must have been in the United States for seven years or less.
- Both applicants must have been born outside of the United States.
- Both applicants must be living in the United States currently.
- The educational institutions for both of the family members must be in the United States.
- The application must include educational institutions for both the primary and secondary award recipients (the two family members).
- Scholarships may be used for tuition for college/university education, language acquisition classes, technical/skill training, and/or financial literacy.
- Scholarships may not be used for advanced degrees (such as Masters, PhD).
- Scholarships will be made only to accredited higher-education institutions and training/educational providers.
- Western Union employees, Western Union Agents and dependents are not eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Process for Selection
Scholarship recipients are determined in a selection process independently managed by the Institute of International Education (IIE), an international non-profit educational exchange organization. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the educational providers. No payments will be made to individuals.
Timeline (Same Dates should be Expected for Next Year)
Application open and available: May 13, 2013
Application due date: June 23, 2013
Scholarship notifications made: August 1-8, 2013